Banking & Finance │ Corporate & Commercial │ Employment Law │ European Union, International & Competition Law │ Tax Law & International Planning │ Real Estate -Trusts │ Immigration & Citizenship Services │ Energy Law │ Litigation & Arbitration │ Insurance Law – Road Traffic Accidents- Personal Injuries │ Intellectual Property │ Information Technology – Data Protection │ Shipping & Admiralty │ Corporate & Individual Insolvency │ Family Law
Banking & Finance
In an era of some many developments, changes and challenges in the Banking and Finance sector, it is very important to have firm, reliable and specialized advice.
Our firm’s clientele includes most of the leading Cyprus banks and financial institutions and our services range from:
- Drafting, preparation and review of a wide range of facility and security documentation and agreements including loan agreements, charges over assets, undertakings of companies, debentures, pledges of shares, assignments of rights.
- Drafting, preparation, review and advice on documentation and agreements relating to restructuring of existing loans and securities thereof.
- Advice and assistance in refinancing and restructuring of existing loans
- Drafting, preparation, review and advice on letters of credit, negotiable instruments and other related instruments
- Provision of legal opinions
- Conduct of legal due diligence
- Legal representation before all the Courts of Cyprus – Litigation
Corporate & Commercial
Corporate and commercial practice is a very wide, evolving and demanding.
We provide advice to our client that matched their needs in a great variety of matters including formation, acquisition and dissolution of companies and partnerships in Cyprus and abroad, management and domiciliation services, assistance and support with day-to-day, including but not limited to:
- Formation of companies
- Strike out of companies
- Reinstatement of companies
- Mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, demergers and disposals
- Corporate reorganisations and restructurings
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporate governance
- Purchase and sales of shares
- Purchases and sales of securities
- Formation of trusts
- Drafting, review, advice on any type of commercial agreements
- Establishment of joint ventures
- Advice and support on data privacy and protection
- Drafting, review and advice on agency and distribution agreements
- Drafting, review and advice on Consultancy agreements
- Drafting and processing of legal, corporate and commercial documents
- Performing legal due diligence in the context of acquisitions, corporate restructurings, establishment of headquarters and entering into any tye of commercial agreement with a legal entity
- Assisting with registration of offices with authorities and utilities in Cyprus, including reviewing all necessary documents and attending to all necessary filings
- Legal representation before all Courts of Cyprus in any commercial or corporate related matter – Litigation
Employment law is a dominant part of everyone’s life. Whether employee or employer, self-employed or freelancer, there are always issued to be resolved, in order to be able to conduct business with peace of mind.
Our firm can advise all issues relating to Cyprus employment law, taking into consideration the seriousness and urgency of the matters that arise in this kind of relationships.
We offer legal advice to a wide range of Cypriot and international companies and individuals, which operate in Cyprus.
Our services include:
- Advice on employment issues
- Drafting, review and advice on terms and conditions of employment
- Advice on employer and employee rights and obligations
- Advice on termination of employment issues
- Employee representation
- Advice on Social insurance contributions
- Advice on provident funds
- Advice on Health and Safety at work
- Drafting, review and advice on offer letters
- Drafting, review and advice employment contracts
- Drafting, review and advice management contracts
- Drafting, review and advice confidentiality agreements
- Drafting, review and advice termination notices and/or agreements
- Drafting, review and advice on employee handbooks
- Drafting, review and advice employer policies
- Employment dispute resolutions
- Legal representation before the District Courts or tribunals in Cyprus
- Negotiations with trade unions
- Advice on Redundancy matters;
- Self-employment and consultancy
- Advice on maternity issues
European Union, International & Competition Law
European Union Articles 101 to 109 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) contain rules on competition in the internal market, prohibiting anti-competitive agreements between undertakings, while at the same time international competition law has grown in importance as national economies have become more integrated and national enforcement efforts have been strengthened.
In this context our law firm can assist clients in offering advice on how to handle their business activities within the European Union and internationally, in order to ensure that they will not conflict with the relevant restrictions imposed by the relevant anticompetitive policies in force.
Tax Law & International Planning
Cyprus has a very beneficial and advantageous tax system regime, thus becoming a very attractive place to live, work and most importantly invest in.
Our law firm, in liaison with reputable accountancy firms and other tax experts, provide assistance in various types of tax planning and advice, taking into consideration the particular needs and circumstances of every client that need to be resolved in the most tax-efficient manner. Our services include:
- Business Tax planning;
- Tax effective group structuring and restructuring
- Application of double tax treaties
- Offshore trusts
- Offshore partnerships
- Merger and acquisitions tax issues
- Joint ventures tax issues
- Advice on the use of Cyprus-resident entities in global structures for investment, financing or other purposes
- Corporate tax optimization
- Obtaining advance tax rulings from the Cyprus tax authorities
- Ongoing tax compliance
- Advanced structuring to ensure eligibility for tax relief under domestic laws, double taxation agreements and EU directive
- Advice on new tax incentives and schemes
- Individual tax advisory and compliance
- Advice on individual tax domicile and residency
- Advice on exemptions and incentives available for individuals relocating to Cyprus
- Assisting with the registration of the various officers and employees with the local authorities for social insurance, taxation and immigration law purposes
Real Estates – Trust
Our experienced team deals with all matters relating to freehold and leasehold property, including but not limited to transactions and disputes involving commercial and residential property. We offer advice and guidance to individual and legal entities.
Our services include:
- Drafting, review and advice on sale agreements
- Advice on acquisition of property in Cyprus by EU nationals
- Advice on acquisition of property by non-EU nationals, preparation and filing of necessary applications for permits
- Property management
- Estate planning and administration
- Wills, probate, re-sealings and administration of estates of deceased persons.
- Legal representation before Cyprus Courts in any matter relating to Real estate- trusts-probate – Litigation.
Immigration & Citizenship Services
Cyprus has become a very attractive place to live, work and invest. Many people wish to come to Cyprus either to simply reside, to work or to start a business.
Our firm, is included in the Register of Entities that are entitled to offer services relating to the Cyprus Investment Program and offers a wide range of immigration services including but not limited to:
- Citizenship applications
- Entry visas
- Short term and Long-term Residence Permits (through acquisition of property in Cyprus or otherwise)
- Work Permits
- Family reunification permits
- Property acquisition permits
- Citizenship applications
- Employment permits
- Permanent residence permits
- Immigration permits
- Legal Representation in matters relating to Immigration Law before all the Courts of Cyprus, including the Administrative Court.
The energy sector is a rapidly developed sector in Cyprus.
Our team of lawyers is able to assist companies and individuals in all aspects of energy operations and activities such as:
- Negotiation with State authorities
- Resolution of disputes with state authorities
- Business transactions and operation
- Oil and gas law
- Operating Agreements
- Funding opportunities
- National and EU Energy Law
- Representation before the Courts of Cyprus including the Administrative Court in matters relating to Energy law – Litigation
Litigation & Arbitration
Our litigation and dispute resolution practice is one of our great strengths and covers practically litigation in all areas of law.
Our litigation services cover among others disputes in the following matters:
- Banking and Finance
- Traffic accidents
- Employers’ liability
- Personal injury claims
- Medical negligence claims
- Insurance claims and disputes
- Debt collection
- Criminal law
- Bankruptcy and insolvency law
- Family law disputes
- Company and partnership disputes
- Breach of contracts
- Marine and admiralty claims
- Urgent interim relief measures including applications for Receivership, Anton Piller orders, freezing injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal, Disclosure orders, Quia Timet Injunctions
- Defamation cases
- Intellectual property matters
- Immovable property disputes
- Construction disputes
- Constitutional and Administrative law
- Probate matters and others
Insurance Law – Road Traffic Accidents- Personal Injuries
Insurance sector covers all aspects of our lives either in work, while driving, when entering into a commercial relationship or even when it comes to health matters and many many more.
Our firm represents individuals, corporations and insurance companies in the following matters:
- Damages to the property
- Employment injuries
- Personal Injuries
- Professional claims
- Public liability claims
- Employer’s liability
- Defective products
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Drink and driving accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents and others
Our firm is proud to offer cogent advice on intellectual property matters.
Our services include the following:
- Acquisition, registration and protection of all kinds of intellectual property rights, including Trademarks, Business/Trade names, Patents, copyrights
- Franchising and licensing
- Representation on patent, trademark, copyright proceedings before the Registrar of Companies
- Legal representation in patent, trademark, copyright proceedings and passing-off actions before all the Courts of Cyprus, including the Administrative Courts.
Information Technology – Data Protection
Internet has become one of the most effective and efficient ways to conduct business.
We, at Andreas V. Zachariou & Co LLC, can offer advice and assistance on all essential aspects of establishing a business relationship through internet to our clients.
Our services include:
- Advice and assistance in compliance with data protection laws
- Collection and use of personal data
- Export of personal data to countries outside the EEA
- Advice and assistance on electronic commerce
- Consumer protection laws
- Electronic signatures
- Drafting, review and advice on privacy policies, documentation and procedures
- Drafting, reviews and advice on terms and conditions of use of websites and applications
- Drafting, review and advice on contracts for the sale of goods and services
- Legal representation on Information Technology and Data Protection matters, before all the Courts of Cyprus and the Commissioner for the Protection of Personal Data – Litigation.
Shipping & Admiralty
Cyprus shipping sector is a very strong and important part of its economy.
Our firm is proud to assist its clients in this legal field by offering among other, the following services:
- Advice and assistance in matters related to vessel acquisition
- Drafting, review and advice on shipbuilding and/or ship acquisition agreements
- Claims for loss or damage to cargo
- Handling of matters relating to collisions
- Salvage claims
- Disputes under shipbuilding and repairing contracts
- Ship and cargo arrest proceedings
- Ship registration including parallel registration
- Yacht registration
Corporate & Individual Insolvency
Within the demanding and complex commercial and financial conditions, many individuals and legal entities suffer various problems regarding their solvency.
Our team consists of licensed insolvency practitioners, who can offer expert and reliable services in insolvency matters.
Our firm deals among other, with the following matters:
- Advice and assistance on voluntary liquidations
- Involuntary liquidations
- Bankruptcy petitions
- Schemes of arrangement
- Advice and assistance in schemes of restructuring
- Legal representation in corporate and individual insolvency matters before all the Courts of Cyprus – Litigation.
Family law matters are very sensitive and always require special attention, diplomatic and responsible handling and speedy procedures.
Our law firm is proud to have assisted thousands of clients, throughout the years of its operation, in successfully resolving their family issues, in a way that protects the best interests of the family and causing the least possible anxiety and tension to the affected parties.
Our services include among others assistance and legal representation in the following matters:
- Pre-marital Advice: Property / Assets / Tax Planning / Prenuptial
- Civil and ecclesiastical marriages
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Division of Marital Assets & Maintenance
- Alimony (Child Support)
- Child Custody & Care
- Child abduction
- Legal representation before all the Family Courts of Cyprus for any Family law related matter – Litigation.